Collection: Part 3

reflection

unit 7

I thought that the first idea was to create a collage with analog 3d.
I shoot 2 times, the same model with the same styling in the first time, shoot with various cameras in various locations. The second shoot was an idea to print out the photographs taken the first time on big paper and collage it directly on the body of the same model.
The concept made an outfit swap during the commue research trip. What I thought from that was incredibly uncomfortable wearing ladies' clothes. But, from the people around me it was told me that there was not that much change from usual one.
I thought it is interesting that feeling and thinking is different though we are seeing the same thing.
As for why my idea changed, I thought that I wanted to show it in a more interactive way when I thought about what kind of effect, I wanted to give it to the viewer.

When I had to make a publication, I had no idea to print out on paper, but when I thought of something there was an idea to print out on a t - shirt. I thought that when looking at publications and magazines looks similar to watching the clothes hanging on the rack. Besides, when we select clothes and confirm, we look at the mirror.

However, my figure seen in the mirror is reversed, which is different from what the other person sees.
I thought that it follow my concept.

I successfully printed out on t - shirts, so I was able to fully participate. I was able to shape the difference between subjectivity and objectivity by people wearing it. What was not successful was time management. If I had made arrangements earlier and model, location, shooting method and schedule were decided, I think I was able to work over time without having to rush

IMG_2895.JPG.1

pubrication

Marques Almeida

Firstly I went to the charity shops to find garments to use when styling our child model however found this difficult because I was not certain of the child we would be using (their gender/size/how many etc) and so it was difficult to pre plan the garments that I should look for, especially without my group members there to discuss with. Therefore, next time I am organising for a shoot I will remember to plan as a group and cast models before shopping for garments.

My partner and I are still struggling to find a child model to shoot tomorrow and are struggling to agree on how to resolve this issue. I believe we should cast an older model and style in a child like way (build a fort as a set etc, make the styling fun and experimental) whereas i was set on finding a child model to execute our idea. 

Today my partner and I worked extremely efficiently and achieved a lot. We successfully sourced the garments for the shoot and then shot in the afternoon. I found the shoot to be challenging as working with and directing two young children was very different to using adults to model as we had to consider things such as safety, their well being/satisfying their boredom etc. However I found that working with young children had quite a lot of benefits as they were less self conscious and more willing to try out "embarrassing" things. This enabled us to explore our concept further through process as well as outcome as we got to witness children's lack of care for trying to be cool/the "it" girl. 

I benefited a lot from collaboration today as it was useful to have my partner assist in taking care of and directing the children whilst I photographed and vice versa (as we would regularly switch between roles of stylist and photographer). As well as this, we shot on multiple different cameras in order to experiment with the effects this gave as we noted how Marques Almeida do so in their online book. This was also helped by collaboration as we were able to be shooting on digital and film at the same time as there were two of us. It was somewhat challenging to use multiple cameras as switching between them arguably broke our flow, however I am happy with our decision to do so anyway as I believe our concept and outcome would benefit from being shot on film as the old fashioned aesthetic would contrast our casting choice and thus make the image more striking. However we needed to shoot some on digital as we did not want to risk the film developing incorrectly. 

I would have liked to have shot more footage for our moving image at our shoot today as I would like our film to match our poster however it was difficult to focus on both photography and film in one shoot, especially as we were using children and so didn't want to tire them out. I think in order to progress with our moving image we need to discuss further as a group and develop a plan. 

For the poster of the male model we decided to use the image we did as we liked the spacing created by the film borders. We felt as though this contact sheet style was in keeping with the brand's aesthetic of test shot/behind the scenes. This image was originally taken to be made into a giff for our moving image however we felt like we liked it as a still as the makeup and styling could clearly be seen as well as the location (we didn't find this in most other images as it would either be one or the other which was displayed clearly). However I was really happy with one particular image I had taken on digital and was disappointed that we couldn't use it as it did not show enough of the fort we had built or the garment and thus did not stick to the breed of showcasing the brands clothing or our concept of childhood play. Therefore it was a successful decision to go with the photo my partner had picked out as our garment as well as all elements of our styling could be better seen. 

kids poster1.jpg.1

tattoo poster.jpg

Marques Almeida

project 1

20180415 #1_180415_0009.jpg